See his blog at link below …very impressive.
Well..it was without doubt a fairly miserable day, even Rowan agreed that in fact it was the best miserable day ever. It was so miserably wet and cold that Paul ( M) left almost before he arrived. Chris left after one Cairn and Brian nearly left except he found the peer pressure just too much .
In fact the only thing that brightened our day was Brian’s revelation that he liked to warm his (cycling) tights in the tumble dryer before cycling ( I nearly wrote before “coming out” there but it didn’t sound right)
We managed two Cairns and the requisite 1000m plus climbing to keep Mr P happy. Everyone will be glad to hear that Cairnuary will be over next weekend and we can play somewhere else .
Straightforward route , took a fair portion of the mountain home in my boots . Photos again poor as camera lens hard to keep clear .
- We narrowly avoid an international incident in which Brian comments on how “well” Robbie is looking after Christmas.
- Robbie saves the day with a lightning repost
- Paul announces his Transalp Bid
- Cormac tries to carve his face into a rock , the rock lost .
- An impressive number of clean runs on tunnel mast
- Liz throws herself off her bike to warn us its slippy .
- Brian forces change in the route and
- Paddy is pleased as he is now officially afraid of Fern Gully
- A couple of sketchy descents of Ballynagelty …out of control doesn’t do it justice.
- Robbie takes his Cuhulain friends off for early hot chocolate at the thought of another cairn
- Liz gets dumped by the group
- Henry looks for a good solicitor …none to be found
- We get the “Mr Power ” stamp of approval with 1100m climbed
Otherwise an uneventful spin with compulsory Cairns as will be the pattern for January .