In Which :
- We are honoured by the return of Doc “Gravel” Lewis
- PS feels a bit under the weather
- John (SCO) has no excuse but bails anyway
- Robbie demonstrates a double pike with three quarters turn but fluffs his landing , it was so impressive that I felt reaching for the camera before checking his pulse might have been too much.
- Shane blames fish for failure at very early stage , needs to work on excuses.
- COC is the first to show his easter knees , in the face of a mountain of fully clad lycra.
- Cormac fails on Ballynagelty as G Lewis shows the way.
The idea of the route was to visit all six summerseats , I’m sure McMahon is already working on a better route , it makes a nice challenge and I think we might revisit .
Wet morning with a lot of mist on the hills and cold wind to cut you in two. But it was ok because Barra said ( according to Robbie) that it would clear at 10 . Maybe he meant 10 pm who knows ? In any cause we got a soaking despite resorting the that old favorite when the weather is bad …The five hills of the ulster way …as you can see from the map we gave them a fair doing today .
Mr Power as usual spent the time off the front miserable as his ex-friend ( he who must not be named k***y) has deserted him in favour of oval balls. PS who had been billed as “flying” by the absent Scullion spent the day trailing at the back .Its not looking good for the alps. Robbie spent the day enjoying the route especially when we went off piste and looking for “k***y”.
John (Sco ) was not here either and after todays performance by his countrymen may never show his face again .
A contingent including New Paul , Dan Duffy and the Other Dr Lewis are reported to have headed for a bit of real gravel in newcastle , fairly sure they got the same soaking as us .
Very few photos as the weather did not lend itself to stopping.