In which …
- Teresa gets onto the naughty list and will definitely be getting coal ( or stabilisers) for Christmas for suggesting that COC might be better on an E-Bike ……the very thought .
- Leona tries ( and fails) to fly but does a good superwoman impression.
- Robbie is welcomed back after a long absence , full of his usual banter and witty repartee ( slaggin)
- Tim fails to convince his children that MTB is better than TV
- Cormac pays a flying visit as “black” santa
- Eamon leaves early to “fix a toilet seat” , possibly the weakest excuse I’ve ever heard.
- Herself raises the stakes in racy Mrs Claus outfits.
- Kenny didn’t complain at all , or was my hearing aid off?
- Scullion made a lte appearance having been struck down by a bug MUCH worse than everyone else.
- Our entire xmas supply of mince pies and christmas cake is GONE!
- There may be a connection between the last two items
Happy Christmas to all , some calendars still left .
Usual Spin next Saturday 28/12/19
- Departure for “sunrise spin” 7.45 am from glen gates 1/1/20
With Doc L off doing his first ( 300k) audax ride anything we did was going to be tame in comparison . However our chief elevationist returned from Deutschland to keep us honest . Peter ,having sustained rib fractures in his attempt to take out Kenny last weekend might have been expected to slow down a little but no , add McMahon into the mix and you know that its going to be a day of two groups. PS, herself , Scullion and COC took up the rear position for a climb to fallow corner , slieve meel , trenches , red bog and back down to Batts . Castle bog climb and home by ulster way . Managed to dodge the rain .
Cormac and Peter stayed out to make sure they got 1000m no doubt , we settled for 790m
Its looking like Saturday 19tth October 9 am, so loads of time to train 🙂 .Starting point forest office .
*It is NOT a race , not even a sportive , nor a challenge . If you want any of these see Mr McCabe .
* At the risk of boring you let me just reiterate and apologise in advance for shouting IT IS NOT A RACE.
*It IS a group cycle, consider it a long day out on the bike. If you are fast go down to the back and encourage someone, don’t spend half a hour waiting at the top getting cold and grumpy.
*There is no entrance fee and hence no support , insurance ,food , t-shirt,medal, buff , plastic bag full of sh*te or any responsibility taken, although we would (usually) consider it bad form to leave someone behind.
*It is a hard day out both for you and the bike . Make sure both are well prepared and have adequate spares/tubes/food etc.
*Because its four loops you can leave most food etc at the bottom as you will pass on each loop.
*Leave no Trace …at all, bar your tyre print .There are no markers or signs ..just keep up!
*Wear a helmet ( the only rule) ,in fact bar the helmet we are quite happy for you to be totally naked . This is NOT because we care about you or for your safety in any way , its just we don’t like the sight of blood ! Similarly ,If you feel you might need a first aid kit bring one along.
*Respect other mountain users , walkers /runners , because we might be a big group especially on the descents..remember point 1.
*Grumpy cyclists need not apply ( with the exception of Kenny).
Heres a few photos to remind you how much fun it is !